Protective styling is the ONE.
Let me say that again, protective styling is the ONE! If you are a natural and you have struggled with any of the below then my friend protective styling may be your answer….
- Brittle hair
- Dry hair that can’t seem to retain moisture
- Hair that won’t seem to grow past a certain length
You can see me rocking one of our popular styles BRONDE MERMAID LOCS below…
So far wearing my locs I have seem a tremendous improvement in the condition of my hair.Since wearing them my hair is more moisturized, thicker and healthier than ever before and I owe this completely to the magic of PROTECTIVE STYLING.
With protective styling the key is your foundation and by that I mean they very first thing that you do to your hair before you apply your protective style.It’s important to start with well moisturized hair.
Putting a protective style on hair that is dry or brittle is a straight NO.In today’s blog I share with you my technique for ensuring that your locs act as a protective style and that your hair stays moisturized throughout.
THE BASIC SCIENCE BEHIND THE LOC METHOD IS THAT:
1) The water has small enough particles to penetrate into the cortex of the hair
2) The particles in the oil are too large to penetrate the hair shaft so it sits on the outside of the hair locking in the water
3) The cream then acts as another layer of protection and seals both the water AND the oil into the hair.
I can testify that through using this method my hair stays moisturized the whole time it is in the locs, it never gets dry or brittle using this method and it is growing nicely! You can switch out the products to use products of your choice, as long as you follow the basic principle of Liquid, Oil the Cream you will be all good baby!