Get The Distressed Look Without The Stress!
Why pick just one Boho Locs style when you can get two-in-one? That's right, sis! With our Boho Distressed Kits, you can turn our OG custom-designed styles—like Goddess Locs, Beach Locs, and Majesty Twists— into a gorgeous distressed look without having to do a whole new install.
You might think, how in the world is this possible? Well, our Distressed Kits come with Boho Wrapping Hair that can be wrapped around each individual loc to help you create a highly textured and seamless distressed look in less than 2 hours!
Just like installing our original Boho Locs, distressing your locs is super easy to do and you'll get the hang of it in no time. Interested in seeing for yourself? Let's get started.
By now we all know that installing faux locs is the same across the board: braid, crochet, and done. But did you know there was actually a third method that only involves one step?
Yup! And the steps are pretty simple:
- Take a small section of unbraided hair.
- Use the crochet tool to latch the individual loc onto the base of your hair. Make sure you go about an inch out from the roots and pull your hair through the loop. You should be able to easily slide the loc up and down the length of your hair.
- Then, split your hair into two small sections and use the loc as if it were the third strand of a braid, and braid all the way down until your hair is concealed.
Once you're done creating your base, now it's time to get the distressed look by wrapping your hair!
Now, for the part we've all been waiting for: It's time to distress the locs! In your kit, we've included 4 or 5 bundles of Boho Wrapping Hair in your chosen Boho shade. All of that hair might look intimidating but you only need one strand per loc. Here's it works:
- You see how defined and uniform one strand of wrapping hair is? Fluff it out! Take your fingers and gently fluff out the middle, keeping the ends coiled to prevent separation.
- Then, take your crochet tool and latch it onto the coiled part of the wrapping hair and pull it through the base of one of your locs. There should be an inch of wrapping hair on one side of your loc and the rest of the hair should be on the other side.
- Place the shorter piece on top of the loc and use the longer piece to begin wrapping. It should wrap right over and conceal the shorter piece. Make sure you wrap it all the way down, being careful not to overlap or bunch up any of the hair as you go.
- Once you reach the end of the hair, you have two options.
1) Finish the wrap by tying a small knot at the end of it.
2) If you feel you need to do a bit more wrapping, fluff out another strand of hair and continue where you left off.
Voila! You just did your first set of Boho Distressed Locs! See, we weren't lying when we said they were quick to install, easy to transform, and absolutely stunning in the end.
Ready to get the look? Check out our full line of locs here! Just follow the above instructions and create your own sexy version.